In 2006 two major earthquakes and a tsunami hit the South Western coast of Java, Indonesia.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) reported that approximately 668 people died, 65 were missing and 9,299 were being treated because of the disaster. Villages were destroyed, thousands killed, families devastated and children orphaned.
As a result of this disaster, Val Whyte, a lady from Aberdeenshire joined forces with six young Indonesian men to help the surviving children.
Val returned to Scotland and shared her experience with friends and her purpose to return to Java and continue to help became clear. Between friends, Val’s vision became a reality, her mission was established and fundraising began. The Safe Haven Projects Charity was formed!
To accelerate and expand our fundraising campaigns on an international basis, allowing us to continue feeding, housing and educating disadvantaged children, enabling them to live a better life and giving them the opportunity to create their futures.
To help the children help themselves and through education, provide a brighter future and
quality of life for EVERY disadvantaged child.
We also donate to charities supporting children with leukemia in Scotland.
With your help, we can feed, shelter and educate these children and keep them alive to support the future of these communities.
You can help them to help themselves to a brighter future and quality of life.
There are many ways you can help:
- Make a donation. All the charity staff work for free. Everything you give goes to help our work.
- Sponsor a cow or a sheep. This is one of our most successful schemes.
- Organise your own fundraising event. A fun run, open day, dress down at school day, parachute jump … Have some fun and help us at the same time.
- Tell your friends about our work. Send them our website. Mention us on your Twitter and FaceBook pages.
- Shop online and earn us money through <EasyFundRaising.org.uk>. It won’t cost you anything.
CLICK HERE for more information on how you can help.